Saturday, October 4, 2008

Paradise...

It's about time I talked about Paradise. I've seen it. You catch glimpses of it in real life when you stop for a minute and view the world. I suppose you can see it anywhere.

I see it often. I live in the country. I live near a river with trees hanging over it's banks. There are rolling hills, beautiful hills, covered in green or gold. I see a great expanse of trees, corn fields, a big sky filled with blue and fluffy clouds. That's paradise.

Sometimes, sitting in our boat, in a small inlet of the river, fishing, I feel the warm breeze blowing across my face, moving the top of the water in tiny waves, blowing the leaves so they rustle in the wind. It stops. Silence. A blue heron squawks it's ugly call and takes off from the shoreline, it's huge wings flapping laboriously to get it's body into the air.

A fish jumps, then another. I laugh as I turn and catch it's tail sinking into the water or it's body sideways in the air daring gravity to push it back into its wet home. I think at those times and smile with pure happiness at the gift God has given us.

Some years ago I began to see for the first time. It had nothing to do with actual sight. It had to do with my mind's eye. I began to see an order that my mind couldn't challenge. The order that God made. Everything in our world that is made by God is perfect. Everything outside of our world functions in perfection, also. Even Einstein believed in a greater power that controlled the universe.

How can I compete with that?

No comments: