Monday, September 22, 2008

If it was 1775, I'd be picking up my musket...

I'm not a violent person. In fact, I can't remember ever spanking my youngest son. I had learned it hurt me more than him with my oldest. But, the American public's complacency is making me more and more agitated. I feel like there's about to be a fight at hand.

I suppose some of it is the media. Just watching NBC, ABC, CBS or MSNBC fills me with ire. Their reporting is so skewed to the left that I constantly feel like I am facing an uphill battle. I'm at the bottom of the hill and they're at the top.

I have to laugh, though. The left thinks they are the rebels. After all, they have William Ayers and Bernadette Dorn on their side. They almost blew up the Pentagon. Barack Obama was a friend of Ayers. He worked for him. Cool, man.

What the left doesn't know, however, is that we on the right are truly the rebels. We stand for what the original rebels of this great country stood for. Not complacency. Not mindless control. Not dependence or suppression or compliance. No. We are the rebels. We are the "cool" ones. We are the ones willing to think for ourselves, to stand up and say "no" to government control, to aspire for independence. We have bravery on our side. We are brave in the face of adversity and fight for what is wrong. We do not retreat like the left when the going gets rough. We do not scream obscenities or mock or deride. We are better than that.

Truly, the left are cowards. It's cowardly to bomb a building and possibly murder the innocent within. It's cowardly to leave a war you began without ensuring the people's safety. It is cowardly to rely on the government for your well being. That's not a rebel. That's a follower.

No comments: